We are Artmatr, an art and technology playground for interdisciplinary creatives to compose unique artworks unlike anything else available today. Our proprietary robotic painting technology allows digital artists to transport their creativity into the physical world. With Artmatr, the artist’s only limitation is their creativity, not their tool kit.
Our proposal is to collaborate with Nouns to create beautifully fabricated, one-of-a-kind pieces of art. We will then plan and produce an event to exhibit the works, and help promote Nouns to the traditional gallery world and more traditional collectors as well as gathering the Nouns community under one roof to celebrate Nouns entering the physical world. In summary, our proposal is:
- Artmatr will fabricate one 4’x5’ Nouns painting per Nouns auction over a 7-day period; totalling 7 paintings
- Winners of each Noun auction will receive the rights to own the associated Nouns painting for free
- After the conclusion of the 7-day period, Artmatr will produce an exhibition in our art gallery in Brooklyn, NY
- Artmatr will live-stream the fabrication process during the 7-day production period in parallel with auctions; streamed on Twitch. Fabrications will begin around 10am EST each day.
- Artmatr will create a short promotional video to explain how Nouns and Artmatr are partnering to demonstrate how DAOs can have real-world applications in art; bridging digital and physical worlds of art.
We expect to add real value to the DAO by generating a premium on auction prices because the physical pieces will be sold together with the Nouns auction. For reference, the latest Artmatr-fabricated artwork (for a digital-native artist) sold for more than $250K.
We hope to leverage this experience to explore future collaborations, including fabricating existing Nouns.
Our goal is to create beautiful artworks that will proudly represent Nouns in the real world.
Nouns by omegadarling on Sketchfab
- Artmatr’s Chief Creative Officer will establish the fabrication parameters, such as medium, tools, etc.
- Artmatr will begin a marketing campaign to announce the collaboration across social media channels and generate interest. We hope the Nouns community participates in grassroots marketing.
- Artmatr will fabricate 7 unique Nouns per the specifications over a 7-day period, fabricating one Noun each day.
- Artmatr will livestream the fabrication process on Twitch and YouTube.
- Throughout the creative process, Artmatr will document a short film highlighting the transition from digital to physical
- Once fabrication is complete, Artmatr will hold an exhibition to display the artworks, exhibiting the digital Nouns side-by-side with the physical pieces.
- Artmatr will collaborate with the Nouns community to generate buzz and bring the community together with the traditional art community.
- Explore future options to enable Nouns community to fabricate physical art.
Artmatr’s journey began almost eight years ago, by our founder Ben Tritt, an artist who has spent his entire career searching for ways to integrate his love of painting with the digital world. Way before NFTs, Ben visualized a world where painting and digital tools went hand in hand to create unique pieces of art. His journey took him to MIT, where he started exploring different methods of translating digital art into physical pieces through robotics.
Eventually, these experiments led to several technological products, most notably sophisticated painting robots that can create unprecedented art across different mediums - oil painting, watercolors, airbrush as well as new approaches to digital printing. These capabilities lend themselves to an incredibly flexible fabrication platform that can both mimic artists’ hands through brushstrokes, and create entirely new methods of painting, such as taking code and directly translating it into prints. The fabrication process is intensely creative, given the flexibility of the tools; one piece of art can take on many different forms through the choice of different mediums and variables within the mediums themselves.
Artmatr has already worked with some of the world’s most influential artists, running the gamut of traditional artists such as Jeff Koons, to newer digital artists like Beeple and Tyler Hobbs.
Our vision is to allow digital artists and collectors to translate their works into beautiful, one-of-a-kind pieces of art that could be proudly displayed in any gallery. We are currently hard at work developing a software suite that will complement the hardware platform, and are partnering with leading manufacturers with the shared goal of democratizing the creation and sale of physical art.
The Artmatr Team:
Artmatr was founded by Benjamin Tritt, the company's Chief Creative officer, who has been creating and teaching art for decades at places like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Musee D'Orsay in Paris, The National Gallery in London, and MIT, and has seen it as his life’s mission to seek ways to unite technology & art. Rafael Feitelberg, Artmatr’s CEO, served as an executive at Tech Fortune 500 companies and has a proven track record of building, scaling and selling startups in Silicon Valley. Rafael has had a lifelong passion for art and holds a B.A. in Art History.
Together, they have built a diverse team of engineers, business professionals, and artists, who share their vision for creating the industry standard for bridging between digital and physical art.
- Delphi Digital: Delphi Digital is the leading research organization for crypto assets. Their research is regarded as an industry standard by institutions and crypto-natives alike. Delphi’s Ventures arm invests in early-stage Web3 startups, protocols, and networks that strive to make crypto happen sooner. Additionally, Delphi Labs incubates and builds protocols and tooling for the DeFi ecosystem.
“We are incredibly excited for the world to see the power of Artmatr’s automated fabrication technology. Artmatr unlocks a new medium for a generation of digitally native artists to express themselves in the physical realm. We believe there is no better collaboration than with Nouns DAO given their commitment to advancing crypto, art and technology.”
- Metaversal Ventures: Metaversal is a holding company focused on the NFT vertical spanning all stages of the market from large corporate brands to individual NFT artists. We deploy a differentiated strategy by investing in the next blue chip NFT assets, supporting NFT infrastructure build out, and acting as an incubator and venture studio to NFT creators. Metaversal partners with brands, creators, content holders, and IP owners to identify, execute, and underwrite evocative NFT projects. Backed by CoinFund, DCG, Galaxy and other leading investors, the Metaversal team is uniquely positioned to identify the requirements for success in the web3 ecosystem and remains platform and blockchain agnostic.
WHY THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN
- Spreading the Word: We believe this collaboration will help spread Nouns through a first of its kind event, bringing together thought leaders from the art world and web3 to celebrate a future where DAOs bring the digital and physical world together
- Increase Market Size: Our belief is that by providing a bridge between digital and physical art we can effectively increase the size of both markets. NFT owners will now be able to proudly display the art they own, while physical pieces can be brought on-chain and receive a stronger validation of their provenance
- Increase Nouns Prices: By pairing Nouns with beautiful physical pieces, we believe the sales price for each Noun will increase over the period of fabrication. In the past, taking digital pieces into the real world has resulted in 3-10X increase in value for the artists
- Leadership: By being the first DAO to bring its assets to the physical world as real art, Nouns will establish itself as leading the charge in showcasing the flexibility of the NFT model and its many applications besides digital-only art
- Community-Building: Nouners will be able to to get together and celebrate the community, build relationships, increase the network effects of the DAO, and potentially bringing in new Nouners into the fold
GOALS OF THIS PROPOSAL
The following are our goals for this proposal, should it pass:
- The production of a physical event, exhibiting Nouns art IRL, drawing interest from the local art scene as well as digital enthusiasts and media coverage.
- Work with the Nouns community to promote and market this collaboration and ultimately increase sales prices of Nouns
- February 6-March 18, 2023 - Marketing efforts begin, including press releases and videos on social media
- March 20, 2023 - Fabrication begins, livestream starts
- March 20, 2023 - Nouns #644 fabricated
- March 21, 2023 - Nouns #645 fabricated
- March 22, 2023 - Nouns #646 fabricated
- March 23, 2023 - Nouns #647 fabricated
- March 24, 2023 - Nouns #648 fabricated
- March 25, 2023 - Nouns #649 fabricated
- March 26, 2023 - Nouns #650 fabricated
- March 27, 2023 - Artmatr holds virtual preview for Nouns community
- March 28, 2023 - Exhibition Opening Event
- March 29-April 4 - Gallery open for public
- $150,000 USDC will be transferred to Artmatr to cover fabrication costs and event production at 0x3136d4116752B7D65c21760B9aAb8F57a441b070
Event Planning & Production
Set-up for Hanging Art
Monitors for Each Digital Nouns
Marketing, Digital Content & PR
Software Development Time
Robotics Engineer Labor
Art Production Labor
- 0x4f2acdc74f6941390d9b1804fabc3e780388cfe5.transfer(381.828647588479823207 ETH)